This is a photograph of the largest continuous cupboard in my kitchen. Yes it isn’t very big, and yes, strangely it’s filled almost completely with canning jars. It’s been this way (nearly empty of actual food) for multiple months now. In the bottom left are the last few jars from last year’s canning fest; clearly the pickled carrots and beets were the least popular. Notice, however, that the second and third shelves also have filled jars, which I’m very happy to announce are the first stuffs to be put up in 2013! There’s still, clearly, a ways to go. But with any daunting task, it helps to make a list (and then ignore it), so here is the canning plan for 2013. Almost all of the recipes are from Canning for a New Generation, many of which I made last year, but there are also a couple newbies to keep morale high.
- Honeyed Bread-and-Butter Pickles (0/7 pints)
- Quicker Kosher Dills (0/4 quarts)
Salsa, Hot Sauce, and other Tomato Things:
- Charred Tomato and Chile Salsa (4/12 pints)
- Salsa Verde (0/12 pints)
- Nectarine and Cilantro Salsa (0/10 pints)
- Tomato Ketchup (0/12 half-pints)
- Sriracha Hot Sauce (0/6 half-pints)
- Peach Habanero Hot Sauce (0/5 half-pints)
- Tomato Sauce (0/8 pints)
What am I missing???